Qualifications wanted for hotel Security Investigator
- Overnight Shift (Required)
- English fluently (Required)
- Ontario Private Investigators License (Preferred)
To be eligible to apply for this position you must live in the Greater Toronto Area and be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants at this time.
As a condition of employment, candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
The function of the Hotel Security Investigator is to protect the life and the property of guests, employees and patrons.
Key Result Areas
· Works on projects as selected personally or as assigned by management.
· Maintains the security office in a clean and organized fashion.
· Assists in training new hotel security investigators and makes recommendations for training improvements to his/her supervisors.
· Communications with other employees to establish a secure working environment.
· Maintains close liaison with local Police, Fire department and Ambulance to assist guests/ employees and management with any requirements.
· Attends security meetings and identified courses for personal development.
· Assists with locker inspections and fumigation when requested.
· Ensures all incident reports are completed at the end of shift.
· Conducts a full building inspection on a daily basis. Follow up on this report to be done once per week as well.
· Is on call to cover emergencies in the hotel as required by management.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
· Maintains active files on trespassers and undesirables.
· Maintains accurate security logs.
· Attends internal meetings to address possible concerns in regards to special conferences as assigned.
· Maintains the security files up date.
· Maintains a good working relationship with his/her co-workers and ensures all information related to the hotel is handed over the next shift.
· Works in conjunction with the Manager, Guest Services in regards to employee/guest loss, theft and illness, accident and damage occurrences.
· Ensures all guest correspondence is handled within 15 days on the original concern. Maintains active files on these follow-ups.
Process Improvement/ Productivity
· Inspects the hotel areas for safety violations during the shift or on special assignments. Follow up on discrepancies.
· Attends court and other legal proceedings related to the hotel when so required and keeps files on results of these appearances.
· Maintains control of all forms needed in the security department and informs the security supervisor of any discrepancies.
· Monitors and reviews security cameras
· Complies with Hotel and Company policies and Procedures as well as Health and Safety policies.
· Ensures the safety and security of all guests and employees.
· experience working in a security related profession is preferred
· ability to write reports and describe situations accurately and effectively
· possess good memory skills
· post-secondary education in a related field is preferred
· Must hold a valid Ontario Private Investigators License.
· effective customer service skills
· ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
· effective communication skills
· ability to think quickly and react appropriately in urgent situations
· team work
· demonstrated ability to handle and resolve conflicts in an effective manner
· must be fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
· effective listening skills
· second language an asset
· able to stand for prolonged periods of time
· able to ascend and descend stairs
· able to walk distances
· overall good physical condition
· able to bend, squat, kneel
· able to work all shifts (days, evenings & nights)
The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Chelsea Hotel, Toronto will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $27.56 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Everyone must wear face coverings at all times. Physical distancing. Hand sanitation stations throughout. Employee daily screening upon arrival. Continuous cleaning and disinfecting of all public areas. Mandatory vaccination policy in effect.
- Do you live in the GTA and are legally entitled to work in Canada?
- English fluently (required)
- Ontario Private Investigators License (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Other interested jobs:
- Junior webmaster wanted in Nestlé
- Microcom technology is recruiting for the position of graphic designer fulltime
- 2A Stationary Engineer, Team Leader – Montreal World Trade Center
- Works Team Supervisor (ETC) – Work site manager Montreal
- Downtown Safety Ambassador for the community – Salary $23 an hour
- Northern Ontario Reporter (DMPI) needed at TVO – $61,408-$71,189