For your professional success, here are 10 basic skills that are essential.
Companies will explore these core competencies in the job interview by asking competency-based behavioural interview questions.
What a skill is ?
Competencies refer to the technical or practical skills required to perform the job, and behavioural attributes refer to personality characteristics that are essential to career success.
The 10 basic skills for career success
- Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs.
- Able to effectively manage change and diverse people.
- Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching work.
- Undertakes to make additional efforts.
- Maintains a high level of productivity and self-direction.
3. Problem solving
- Analyzes the problem by gathering and organizing all the relevant information.
- Identifies cause-and-effect relationships.
- Comes with suitable solutions.
- Expresses ideas effectively.
- Organizes and provides information appropriately.
- Listen actively.
- Takes action to influence events.
- Generates ideas for improvement, takes advantage of opportunities, suggests innovations.
- Takes personal responsibility for job performance.
- Completes work in a timely and consistent manner.
- Stick to commitments.
7. Labour standards
- Defines and maintains high performance standards.
- Welcomes attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Shows concern for all aspects of work and follows up on work results.
- Collaborates within and between groups.
- Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Choose from a variety of options
10. Plan and organize
- Allocates and uses resources correctly.
- Plans and organizes work tasks and responsibilities to achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities. Calendar of activities.
Even if you have experience in a trade, your essential skills may be lacking. It is therefore useful to conduct a self-assessment.
By putting your essential skills to the test before you begin learning, you may discover gaps that need to be addressed.
Laisser un commentaire