Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Travel Requirement: Limited
Office Location: Ottawa (ON); Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
Salary: Our salaries generally range from $ 97362.52 to $ 122115.65 and are based on qualifications and experience.
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We empower our employees to be fully autonomous and accountable in achieving their results. Employees focus on how they achieve results rather than when and where they choose to work.
Here are some of the reasons why we were chosen as one of Canada’s top employers:
- Enjoy 5 weeks of vacation;
- An annual individual performance bonus;
- Defined benefit pension plan;
- Comprehensive group insurance to support your well-being from day one;
- Access to a catalogue of courses for individual learning;
- An inclusive workplace culture and environment with multiple Employee Resource Groups and much more!
Join the National Housing Council Secretariat under the Corporate Affairs sector, where we support the National Housing Council and deliver review panels to improve equitable housing outcomes through evidence-based research, meaningful engagement with communities, and the provision of advice to the Minister for Housing and Diversity and Inclusion. The Council helps ensure that human rights-based approaches are included in the housing policy development process and that the voice of people with lived/living experience of inadequate housing and/or homelessness is at the centre of Canada’s housing policy.
The Senior Specialist will be responsible for leading the Council’s operations and policy work, including the preparation and delivery of Council meetings, briefing support for the Minister and Council members including Deputy Ministers, or any other activities requested by the Minister and members including matters of governance, recruitment, and members’ training.
- Overseeing and administering the work of the Secretariat’s operations and policy team and guiding team members to achieve objectives, results, and deliverables as per the direction of the Council co-chairs and Senior Manager.
- Overseeing the planning and delivery of Council meetings and all associated meeting material and follow-up items.
- Preparing and reviewing briefing materials, communications products, reports and policy proposals for Council members, external partners, ex officio members of the Council and the Minister.
- Leading, guiding and performing research, policy analysis, and communication activities to inform and advance the Council’s work plan and amplify its recommendations to the Minister.
- Leading analysis of policies, programs and positions of key stakeholders and other orders of government to inform and guide the Council’s work plan and priorities.
- Establishing, maintaining and leveraging relationships with CMHC sectors, federal departments, other orders of government, advocates and people with lived experience and other stakeholders to help in the delivery of the Council’s mandate and clarify any governance matters.
- Leading or supporting senior-level interdepartmental and/or intergovernmental committees, working groups and forums to build relationships and promote horizontal collaboration across the housing sector.
- Provide any services related to the recruitment, remuneration, onboarding, training, and offboarding of Council members.
- Undergraduate degree in public administration, political science, economics, other social sciences or related fields.
- Minimum of seven years of related policy, project management, and/or committee management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of policy advice to government, including writing policy proposals and options, briefing notes, presentation decks, reports, and oral briefings.
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills to effectively and succinctly present policy considerations, positions and proposals through briefing notes, decks, correspondence, policy papers and other materials.
- Knowledge of committee management, including agenda setting, document dissemination, minuting techniques, decision-making matrices, and action planning, in order to guide and advise the Council staff team on best practices and emerging trends.
- Experience working with other levels of government and intergovernmental relations to advance policy priorities and solutions.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact professionally with internal and external clients at all levels. Tact and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive issues and external stakeholders.
- Masters degree would be an asset.
- Knowledge of economic, social, and cultural rights would be an asset.
- Experience managing teams and people would be an asset.
- Knowledge of policy analysis related to housing and to vulnerable populations would be considered an asset.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
- Category : Government Jobs
- Job Type : Full Time
- Jobs include : On site